OMG! I found a 'razor bump' on my chin.

People of the Internet, it's been a while. I have been really busy and have not posted anything on this blog for a while. I am back now though.

Talking of being busy, I have been so tied down with my day to day that I have at times neglected my 'shaving' routine. I got a bit lax and didn't groom my beloved bumpless chin for a number of days. Yesterday when I went to shave, I found one! A razor bump!

I hadn't seen one of these in a very long time so I wasn't very happy when I saw it. Rather than a 'razor bump' per say, it was really ingrown hair. Because I hadn't shaved for a while, my beard stubble had grown long enough to form ingrown hairs.

I quickly dealt with it tough and shaved straight away. Another day left unshaved, my chin could have developed a whole bunch of ingrown hairs. In this case, immediate action is of essence. Otherwise I'd have to deal with weeks of painful bumps while they healed.

Thankfully all is well this morning. No razor bumps what so ever. No ingrown hairs either. No folliculitis barbae. No nothing :)

Moral of the story, consistent, regular grooming is needed to keep the bumps away - that is if you want to shave. You could of course just grow your beard once and for all and never shave.

Then you will never have to deal with razor bumps.

Thanks for reading.

Josh.

Comments

Popular Posts